Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Im trying to convince my parents to let me get a dog but they are totally against it. What can i do?

I really love dogs-my parents like them to they just dont want one of there own. What can I say to convince them?Im trying to convince my parents to let me get a dog but they are totally against it. What can i do?
Wait until you are old enough to care for one on your own....Im trying to convince my parents to let me get a dog but they are totally against it. What can i do?
As a 13yearold girl, i know, that what ';parents say goes';


Try pet sitting and maybe by proving you are responsible they could be more apt to do it.
Parents are hard to convince. But it is int impossible! Start off by doing something simple to show that you are responsible, and then go on to something bigger. Find a way to earn money (extra chores ;) ) and tell them that you will buy the dog, the leash and other things.(They will have to buy they food lol) Keep your grades up, and maybe they will let you.


Do some research on breeds and present your case in an adult manner:D


Its not as hard as it sounds


Thats what got me my dog:)





Good luck!


-Melly
Show them that you are going to be responsible for it by doing your chores along with things they haven't asked you to do. Going above and beyond always looks good to parents!!
You can't is the short answer! Its their house and home and if they choose not to have a puppy spoil it or ransack it then you have to go along with it. They may change their minds when you're a bit older but don't hold your breath, if they haven't had one before then they don't want one now. Its a shame but theres other things you can do. Offer to walk or go in and play with the dogs at your local shelter, offer to walk your neighbours dogs or 'dog-sit' when they're out. If your parents see that you're serious about dogs and you know all the responsibilities and pitfalls, they may relent. Best of luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment