Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I go back to sleep when I woke up from my parents having sex?

I just got a rude awakening from my parents having some nasty time with each other in the other room.





This has happened a few times before but When I get jerked awake from the noises I find it hard to go back to sleep, if at all sleep the rest of the night.





Right now it is 12:36 am and I can't go back to sleep no matter how hard I try, my mind is still scarred for the moment, any remedies/tips?How do I go back to sleep when I woke up from my parents having sex?
Hey there, while it is completely natural for parents to have sex I know it can be rather disturbing for the fellows members of the household. I have a problem from being awoken by things, my sister across the hallway talks quite loudly in her sleep and it isn't of anything pleasant. So I went to Home Depot, or you could go to any hardware store and buy ear plugs. I don't mean those weird little things. The kind I use (I forget the brand name) have a blue rubber wire connecting to yellow plugs on each end. They basically fit to any ear size and silence the outside out and aren't painful in the least.





Though the kind I bought came with goggles, you may have to look for that minor set if they aren't singled out. But that worked for me, and I live in a small house with thin walls, haha.





If now, then a room swap is a decent choice, though it takes time and work. I don't know if you are as lazy as me so I can't really say how good of an idea that is. Try the ear plugs, sleeping with music doesn't help. It usually keeps the brain awake or wakes you up by certain beats and or the pitch of voices.





I hope all works out!How do I go back to sleep when I woke up from my parents having sex?
If this becomes a persistent problem, I would opt for asking for a room swap to any place in the house that can house the amount of stuff you have the furthest from your parents, or better yet, a move into the basement/attic, should you have one. No doubt your parents will ask, but trust me - I'm thirteen and this has happened to me before, too - it's more important to tell the truth than to avoid the subject. If you're afraid of telling them why you want to change rooms, write a letter/email to them or leave a message on your home phone to express your feelings (specifically about the sex, of course). Fingers crossed that they will either be more considerate or will grant your room-changing wishes (:
Go to the door and tell them to quiet the hell down, you're trying to sleep.





How disrespectful of them :|.





EDIT: kathleen... the poster never said anything bad about their parents having sex. just that it woke them up. and the poster never said that they walked in on their parents either. although, if they're having sex so loudly that it wakes up their child, they need a reality check. kids are more important than sex.
That's a tough one! What do you normally do when you have something on your mind and you can't fall asleep? Read a book? Watch tv? Listen to music? Try one of those ideas, and try to focus on something you like to do, or something you are looking forward to doing. I'm sure it was not an easy thing to hear or deal with. For the future, I suggest you go to bed with your iPod on!
Hi, It seems like your worried and frustrated about the wrong things. It's time to grow up and recognize your parents are enjoying themselves as most adults do in this day and time. Have a wonderful day and if you are over 18, you might consider moving out and getting your own place. Nevertheless, count some sheep and good night.
that is seriously always happening to me!


but normally when i wake up to them doing it they are done and then i can fall back asleep but sometimes i just go downstairs and sleep and in the morning i'll be like ';oh i couldn't fall asleep'; so you really aren't lying


i know how you feel, hopefully you'll get back to sleep
YUCK! u poor thing! I think we've all been there. Turn on some music (after you're done vomiting of course ha!ha!) I'm a mom of 2 kids 11 %26amp; 15. I will not do anything if my kids are home, thats just nasty! Sorry, hope u fall asleep soon. here, I'll sing u a lulaby.....go to sleeeeeep, go to sleeeeep, go to sleeeep u sweet baaaaby.....go to sleeeep, go to sleeeeep......(is it working?) Nighty night, sleep tight :)
This has happened to me. there really is no way to help it. your just going to have to make yourself so tired that you fall asleep. then in the morning dont ignore and dont be rude to them. just pretend that it never happened and maybe theyll feel bad.





by the way i am soooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry you had to experience that awful feeling. :(
It'll be hard to do this.. But you have to go to your parents and tell them to stop. Seriously.. If it's bothering you that much they shouldn't enjoy it that much when you're around. Seriously.. Show them up! Lol








:P
bang on the wall. really hard until they stop. one of them will probably come in to check on you, and tell them to keep it down, they woke you up.
umm get a sterio in ur room and pop ur favorite slow song in and lay in bed close ur eyes and sing the lyrics and soon u'll b asleep
try to get to the farthest room away from them and put some head phones on listen to music. Read a book that always helps me fall asleep.
masturbate
you poor thing.....you have all my sympathy.
Imagine how they would feel if they walked in on you. I bet you're just so innocent and perfect, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment