Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can I convince my parents to get a cat?

I'm 18, with a job. I could pay for all of the expenses and take care of the litter box. My mom says she doesn't want any more pets, but it seems like if I'm taking care of everything it won't affect her. I take care of the dogs we already have, so I am responsible enough to take care of a cat. I am making sure that all of the cats I am looking at do well with dogs. So how can I convince my parents to allow me to get a cat?


Thanks for the help.How can I convince my parents to get a cat?
I have a cat and trust me it wasint easy! Just tell them that you can do it and really givem hell! (or talk about it for 24/7, or just tell how soft lovebul cute cudly..........) ;]How can I convince my parents to get a cat?
It sounds like you are still living at home. If so, this could be difficult, my mom is very similar - we have a cat, a dog, and a bunch of hamsters, and she refuses to even consider any more pets.





I would start by sitting her down and explaining why you want the cat, how you would take care of it, and perhaps even type up a budget for how much it would cost to take care of it. This will demonstrate that you are really committed to making this work and are willing to put in the time, effort, and money to care for the cat. Perhaps she is just worried that she will get stuck taking care of it. If you can show her, in a mature and concrete way that YOU will be the one caring for the cat, she may be more open to considering it.





If all else fails, ask her why she doesn't want the cat. There may be a reason you don't know about. In the end, if you are living at home, it is her house, and her choice as to what happens in it. You may just have to wait until you move out.





Either way, good luck!



Easy, just tell them that you will take 100% responsibility for the actions of the cat, say that they wont even notice the cat is around. Tell them they wont need to plaareah the cat, cause you will feed, train, and care for the pet. Dont forget to say there wont be any... suprises... on the floor, or any more then there already are from the dogs, accidents do happen, cats are more quiet and loving, and they are perfect for young people, you cant tell me that your parents have never really wanted a pet! hope it helps!
As a mom, I have to say just wait until you get out on your own. You also don't want to bring a cat home, and have your dogs go crazy about it upsetting your mom even more. I know it stinks, but the best thing I can tell you to do is wait...you've waited this long, I don't think it will hurt any to wait longer. I know that is not what you wanted to hear, but it is the truth. Good Luck!
Buy a ninjah cat so when they try get rid of it it kicks them in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment