Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I tell my parents I want to quit going to church?

Without telling them that I am an atheist..?


Church takes up 2 hours of my Sunday, and it is boring, the other ~kids~ there are ridiculous, it is unpleasant for me to be there. I am also an in-the-closet atheist, but I don't want to let my family know this (they'll freak out). Any suggestions?How do I tell my parents I want to quit going to church?
Tell them that you need to understand more than yourself...





That you can't and don't want to follow something ever so blindly, you want to know ... find tune stuff yourself... understand your stand...





I mean you just have to tell them you see no reason in believing in God... and sort of let them see that you're mature enough to make your own decisions...





Cheers!!!!!!How do I tell my parents I want to quit going to church?
try telling them to pray for you,





courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.





CH1 28:21 And, behold, the courses of the priests and the Levites, even they shall be with thee for all the service of the house of God: and there shall be with thee for all manner of workmanship every willing skilful man, for any manner of service: also the princes and all the people will be wholly at thy commandment.
Some would say ';say it straight out'; but that would probably ruin the next 6 months of your life.





Do it like this:


Go do something half an hour before you usually go to church, and when your parents want you to go, make a petty excuse, no need to announce your lack of belief in fantasies, just show little to no interest in it, and keep it like that until you're finally ready to tell them you're smarter than them, which would be many years from now on.


Only times I enter a church is at funerals or weddings, and people don't suspect me to be an Atheist. But then again, I don't live in Jesusland (most of the US)
Weigh how you think they'll respond against the two hours.





If you might be in physical danger, I'd stay closeted until you move out. If they might kick you out, consider those two hours rent.





Christians can be a petty and cruel bunch when you point out the fallacies of their beliefs. So be sure you'll be okay with whatever happens.





I'm generally against being closeted, but if it could be hazardous for you, I'd play it close to the chest until you know you can get clear safely if it doesn't go well.
actually i think that the art of dirty tricks and resourcfulness works best. your can leave clues about your beliefs for them to find. you can conveiently vomit every sunday and be very sick and pitch a fit about it. complain about headaches sick to your stomach and feel poorly. take a few weeks at it then accuse the minister of attempting to molest you or the sunday school teacher and make a instance where it would fit say ask to meet wit hthe minister in private to ask questions and after the private meeting act weird. make sure to read about the topic so when questioned it seem ligit. or get some weird phobia about it. blind side your folks about it get some wierd mental condition about church and cry and act like your losing it. then say you want to see a psychatrist and if they take you to one tell the doc that your athiest and your folks are forcing you to go to church because legally church attendace after certain age is a form of mental abuse. be devious or play your cards right after all the church is a money making scam and why should you have to deal with the crap? if you have to flatten the tires the night before take some hose off the car or something and like some act of god it works normal after church is over LOL
I'm still in the atheist closet with my family and I go to church for 2 hours as well. There is no easy answer, and if you find a method that works out for you please tell me what it is.





The funny thing is, there are 3 other open atheists around my age attending the church. If they ever mention the fact that they have no faith, someone usually responds ';It's part of your faith journey.';





Once this one kid got pissed off with the BS and said calmly to the priest ';I don't believe in God.';





The priest asked ';Do you believe in human goodness?'; The boy said yes and he said ';Then you believe in God.';





Seriously, WTF?
Start asking them questions pertaining to their religion and they'll soon just want to avoid the subject, then tell them you're no longer going until you get some plausible answers to your religious questions.





1. If my body is a temple, then why in the hell do I have to go to church?





2. Why did the disciples have roman torture devices (crosses) in their homes waiting for Jesus to stop by.





3. Are you sure Jesus isn't the sun of god, and why do these churches usually have all this solar symbolism and sunrise services...





I could go on and on...
';It's time-consuming, taking my precious time on real education and other productive matters.';





OR





As Bill Gates has said, ';Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.';
Just tell them what you said here:





Church takes up 2 hours of my Sunday, and it is boring, the other ~kids~ there are ridiculous, it is unpleasant for me to be there.





and maybe add some more stuff to your argument than that *shrug*
Imagine how much could be accomplished if people took the time they waste sitting in church and used it to actually go out into their communities and HELP people who need it.
Check out this video





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWEeHx__-鈥?/a>
carve SLAYER into your forehead and say im ready to go to church, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Get all three of you in a room. Say: Everyone who likes to go to church, raise your hand. Then don't raise your hand.
Tell them straight.
tell them you have a problem with the church as an institution, not with god

No comments:

Post a Comment