Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can I get my parents to buy me a bunny?

I really want a bunny, and its almost Christmas! The only problem is that my brother is a little allergic and so my parents won't let me get one so far. I am willing to take care of it and prevent my brother's allergies. Any


help?


How can I get my parents to buy me a bunny?
Rabbits are a LOT of work and live a long time - as long as a dog. That's probably the main reason your parents don't want one. Rabbits are more like dogs or cats than small animals...they need to be spayed and neutered and they also can't be kept in cages all day. They need several hours of exercise if you're going to keep them caged at all, but many owners have found that the best way to keep rabbits is ';free range'; in a room or even in the whole house. A litter-trained house bunny is a great addition to the family, but a big commitment.





The only time I'd ever recommend a rabbit is if the WHOLE family wants one. That rabbit may still be around in 10 years - where will you be? If you move out of the house, are your parents going to be prepared to take care of the rabbit? Also, it's not fair to the rabbit to confine it to a cage all day, and especially not if that cage is outside - rabbits often end up ';forgotten'; in the backyard.





Also, rabbits eat a lot of hay, and while the rabbit itself isn't too bad for allergies, hay is AWFUL - it's dusty and can be pretty irritating.





If you really want a rabbit, start doing some research now, but it might be best to wait until you're on your own and able to commit to a 10+ year lifespan. I didn't get my first rabbit until I was 19, even though I wanted one since I was 8. Maybe you could even volunteer with a rabbit rescue association - some shelters accept volunteers to help socialize the rabbits, or you could foster rabbits until they find permanent homes. Check out rabbit.org, the house rabbit society, for information on rabbit care and rescue organizations that you could help out with. How can I get my parents to buy me a bunny?
beg and tell them you will take care and keep it in you're room with out you're brother near it.make a list of what time you will have to do to take care of it and how many times to feed and water it and tell them that a least you dont want a dog because their alot of resonbiltys like takeing them out feed and water it 3 times a day.
If there is a bunny in your house and you brother is allergic, he is going to react. There is no way you can prevent this and getting a bunny would be a bit selfish and careless of the people around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment