Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I convince my parents to get me a cell phone?

I am 12 going on 13. In advanced classes. In the 8th grade. You think that would be enough. My bday is on Sept. 29. I really need a phone. Thanks 4 your support!How do I convince my parents to get me a cell phone?
well, just ask them to look at TV...all those child molester, and stuff...do the scary guild trip...that always works...How do I convince my parents to get me a cell phone?
Tell them your getting older and you want some freedom to go hang out with your friends but you want to still be responcible and you want to call them to be safe when your with your friends.that might worked it worked for me when i was 11 and ive gotten a new phone every 6months since then and now im 16.


well hope you get a phone every teen should have one.
Get a job and pay for it yourself.
You do NOT need a cell phone.





You said you already had a tracfone. What happened? If you whined about it, why would you think they would want to give you a ';real'; phone?
Talk to them about how much safer you will be and able to call if there are problems, and also how they can get ahold of you easily when you are away from home.
The 2 ways you will get a phone are:


1- get your own money to pay for it with a job... but your too young


2- ask your parents to give it to you. If they choose not to, then thats thier decision. I know it sucks for you, because i am sure all your friends have one, and you are probably a responsible kid. But listen, cell phones are for business, and personal communication. You dont have a business, and your personal communications can be held at school or on the house line. When you get older and are away from home a lot, i am sure your parents will consider it. Try not to get bitter to them... you are a bit young!





good luck though
a) The rest of my friends have one, I am the only-one that do not...


b) What if there is an emergency, I can call you easily


c) What if you urgently need to tell me something?!?!?, while I am in school
just tell them that u will need to have t in case of emergency and that if u stay after school and u will call them to pick u up and stuff
www.wireless-itch.com





The prices on this website are great and cheap.....parents love it. Mine did!!!
You should tell them that, look, i'm in eighth grade, and there's a ton of after school activities i could go for and ones that i'm already going to that could get canceled, so if all of the school lines are in use, you could use your cell phone-if you had it.
dude to be honest you really don't need a cell phone til you start drivin. maybe ride your bike and leave for like 2 days and when you come home and your parents are all pissed be like ';well if i had a cell phone we wouldn't be having this discussion!'; that worked for me :-D cept i had a car
This is what you do you take responsiblilty like doing chores takeing out trash getting good grades that might convince your parents of buying you a cell phone thats how I got my cell phone
Start with a pre-paid service, be responsible with your alloted minutes. That will go a long way towards proving you are mature enough not to rack up HUGE cell bills!!
Prepaid is a good suggestion. Also if you are really serious about it tell them you are willing to sit down every month go over the bill so both of you understand the charges. It also wouldn't hurt to make a work arrangement with them to pay off the monthly bill. Let's face it your 12 and all the other kids have one right?! Well there are 2 sides to every story. While you can call if you are lost or stuck somewhere you can also end up in conversations (out of ear shot of your parents) with people your parents don't know.(That's part of where going over the bill comes in.) Just like telling your parents where you are going they should know who you are talking to. If you have access to a computer (and I'm guessing you do because you're reading this) then pull some information on some cell phones with prepaid plans and list some options. You should also have a list of a few things that you can do around the house to help out.





Happy birthday and I hope things work out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment