Friday, November 25, 2011

Parenting Classes for Two Daddies?

Hello! Can anyone recommend a pre-natal, parenting class in the Los Angeles area for two future daddies? My partner and I are expecting our first child in April 2010 and want to be ready for this joyous event.Parenting Classes for Two Daddies?
That is awesome news, Congrats!!! The easiest way is to sign up for classes at the hospital the baby will be born at. My hospital took us on a tour and explained the security system etc it was great! We went back for the Labor Class as well. Check with your insurance, as they may reimburse you the cost of the class, mine did.Parenting Classes for Two Daddies?
most hospitals offer a daddy class. This includes information about changing diapers, caring for newborns, but also about taking care of the woman who just gave birth. Sounds like you don't need that part. After a baby is born, they show the parents how to bath, clean the eyes, the belly bottom, and any other information you could need or what. They teach you to count diapers to know baby is getting enough to eat. If you know the woman who is having this baby for you, I assume you could learn a lot of this in the hospital where the baby will be born. Also, her doctors office may offer classes about different things. I know mine did. Call the hospital in your area and see what they can offer you!!
I think the hospital is the best bet and/or baby's doctor will have all sorts of information regarding parenting classes. I found my area offered a group of local mommies/daddies that get together and discuss, learn and support each other. You could find this information at your neighborhood library or town forum. As a mommy of 3 may I recommend that you buy the book ';Happiest Baby on the Block'; . It will help you understand babies and learn how to comfort them. I found it at Babies R Us and don't know how I managed my first born without the knowledge it provided. Best of luck to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment