Friday, November 25, 2011

How can I talk my parents into letting me get my nose pierced?

I'm 15 and really want to get my nose pierced this summer. All I want is a tiny stud that just looks like a little sparkle. I think it would be so cute, but my parents don't seem to agree. Any ideas??How can I talk my parents into letting me get my nose pierced?
Hey, first and formost, keep in mind that what your parents say, goes. You can't force them. However, you can....persuade them. Here are a few tips:





When I wanted my ears pierced, my mom made me write an essay about why I wanted them pierced and such. Try it. Just write a quicky essay or poem or something about getting your nose pierced. It will show you're serious about it, and that you're willing to do a school-like project without being forced to.





Is there anything you can improve in your lifestyle? Your room, perhaps? Or do you have certain chores that you neglect or ignore? Try to show responsability, and convince them that you're responsible enough to get your nose pierced.





Do helpful things around the house without being asked.





Try not to argue alot.





And finally, if they say no, accept it without whining and complaining. This will either a) Show them you're not immature, and they will change their minds, or b) See how mature you are, and the next time you ask for something, they'll consider it more seriously.





That's all I can give you. Good luck!How can I talk my parents into letting me get my nose pierced?
if you're scared to ask your parents then just go ahead and get one.. they might get mad when they see u have a nose pierced but there's nothing they can do. what they gonna do kick u out?lol.. thats what i did b4
Tell them you'll eat your vegetables and do your homework for ever and ever.





(I am sooo not being sarcastic, i got my nose pierced at 14, and hat's how i got them to let me.)
hate to say it, but wait till you're 18 and can do it on your own legally (that's how it is in Utard anyway-dunno about other states) that's what i had to do! (i've had mine for a year now and i love it!) when you're a minor and you live with your parents, you sometimes have to listen to their rules....you do, after all, live in their house where they pay for food, shelter, etc etc.


parents may or may not know EXACTLY what's best for their kid, but they know more than we give 'em credit for.


#1-nose piercing hurts like HELL. out of the 9 i have, it hurt the worst BY FAR.


#2-i cant be absolutely certain, but in my search for jobs since i've graduated college, i'm pretty sure i've actually been turned down because of it. it sucks, but it's a choice i made and i'm not taking it out for a job. *shrug*


and hey, it is only my own opinion.


best of luck!
It is customary for some East Indian women to get their nose pierced to let men know they are not available. You can try and use that angle. I have a tiny CZ stud and honestly, most people do not even notice it, but I love it and that is what matters. You can also tell your parents it is something that means something important to you and you are not doing it to look crazy. Then tell them that if after you have it done they absolutely despise it, you will remove it. Hope it works for you.
option 1.


Sneek out the house when there not looking. Quickly get it down at a place nearby and cover your nose every time you see your parents. -Say you have a cold :)





option 2.


nag nag and nag. Say all your friends have it. Say boys like it. say it's just not fair and that you feel you are not being treated well. Tell them that if they treat you more like an adult -giving more responsibilities than you will become more like an adult.





option 3.


Tell your mother that she TOO would look great with a nose piercing. Look for photos on internet of beautiful woman with nose piercings. Tell your mother that they look a little bit like her - but with the addition of a nose piercing.





option 4.


Tell your parents that others (your friends) are also getting their bellybutton, mouth, tongue, and eyelids pierced. The idea here is to introduce more extreme possibilities. Tell them that you are also very keen on getting this done. Then give up on the idea and say ';well, I guess I would also be satisfied with just a nose piercing';





option 5.


Use one of those fake piercing things -so you don't need a hole in your nose
don't. noserings are not at all attractive. plus it could get infected or something. if your parents said no, then just respect their authority please!

No comments:

Post a Comment