Friday, November 25, 2011

How can I convince my parents to get me a puppy?

I want my own puppy really bad. We have a grown dog and he might want a puppy to play with. I told them I am willing to do all of the work and I ask for one every holiday. I just can't seem to prove to them I'm responsible enough. Also if anyone responds, please put a link to a dog site that sells puppies for cheap. And I am gone with gymnastics three days a week, but my parents are usually home.How can I convince my parents to get me a puppy?
You say you'll ';do all the work'; but then later on go to say ';I am gone with gymnastics three days a week, but my parents are usually home.'; That isn't considered doing ';all the work';. That would be ';i'll do it when i'm home, but i'll get mom/dad to do it for me when i'm too busy.';





Sort of goes to suggest ';mom and dad will be home'; when you have OTHER things to do as well - such as homework, studying, going out with friends.... Get the picture?





Dog ownership is a full time thing - not something you do when you aren't busy. In the real world if you had somewhere to be then the dog would left home alone, either in their crate or roaming the house if trusted enough to do so. Not usually under the care of another UNLESS you're gone a long time and invest in doggy daycare.





If mom/dad don't want to take care of TWO dogs (wether it be full time OR on/off) then that is THEIR choice to make. Not yours. You are not the adult, you do not pay the bills, you are merely a child in school.





What's wrong with taking responsibility and caring for the dog you have now?How can I convince my parents to get me a puppy?
Why do you want a puppy when you already have a dog? You need to be responsible for the dog that you already have, who might not even like the puppy. If your parents are saying no then it might be because you don't pay enough attention to your current pets. Consider them to be the priority. Also if you do get one, buy one from a rescue centre or a reputable breeder as cheap dogs on the internet may come from puppy farms or be ill-treated.
Make sure you prove to your parents that you can support your potential pup all by your self. If you have a friend with a puppy bring it over to see how your older dog reacts to a new dog, make sure you supervise, the results may not be favorable.
if you have taken care of your grown dog you should be able to take care of a puppy

No comments:

Post a Comment