Friday, November 25, 2011

How can i get my parents to agree to me getting a milksnake?

I'm nearly 19 and live at home while im at uni. I've been looking at getting a reptile for some time and have researched quite a few different lizards and snakes. I finally decided on a milksnake but i'm told that the lady next door doesnt like snakes. Is there anything i n do to convince my mum that having a snake would not really affect next door?How can i get my parents to agree to me getting a milksnake?
how would the lady next door come in contact with your snake? If the set up is in your room she isn't going to see or hear the snake. My Grandmother who is my land lady doesn't like my newts or hermit crabs but as long as they stay in their tanks she doesn't care too much. ( She doesn't know the hermit crabs sometimes come out.)





Your neighbour doesn't even need to know that you have a snake. If you mother is friends with her and afraid she will not visit simply don't tell her about it. It really isn't any of her business any way.





make sure you have done your research so you can have a good set up and healthy animal. As a student will you be able to take care of this animal though out it's life? Make sure your plans include the snake. If you're going to get it then next year decide to get an apartment where you can't keep your snake and have to give it away there isn't much point in getting one.How can i get my parents to agree to me getting a milksnake?
you could always move out and then do whatever you want they cant not let you have a milksnake if you dont live with them
Do your research on the snake, and present her with information. Also tell her about safetly precautions you'll take so it doesn't get loose.
You could tell your parents that it handles of a harmless and quite tamed snake, never getting so big to be worried about, an eventual great mice destroyer and definately far to be problematic to be feeded and cared of.





If all this does not work, drop your parents and get a place all by yourself and start breed milksnakes at your preference!
THE ONLY WAY ID LET MY SON EVER HAVE A SNAKE IS IF HE GOT A CAGE THAT HAS A LOCKING LID......... AND ALSO TO KNOW HE WOULD TAKE CARE OF BUT YOU SAID U WERE IN YOUR MOMS HOUSE AND U GO TO SCHOOL WHO WOULD CARE 4 WHIL AWAY?????
i have a pueblan milk snake, its not the first snake I've kept but I'd have to say its by far the most placid and timid snake I've owned.


As for neighbors none of mine are remotely aware that i have one. once they are properly looked after there should be no problems with it, but you would need to handle them often or they become very timid.


It is possible that you mum is afraid of them and is just looking for an excuse, lots of people have a very irrational fear of them, and if its kept in your bedroom I'd be worried if your neighbor was going in there.


I personally feel snakes are the best pets you can own, but lots of people, even some of my best friends will leave my apartment if I take mine out of the tank.
How would the people next door even know that you have a pet snake unless you tell them or unless you are planning to let it slither all over the neighbourhood?


Maybe your Mum doesn't like snakes and she is using it as an excuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment