Friday, November 25, 2011

How can I convince my parents to let me text?

I have a cell phone but they won't let me text on it. I am 13. I have had it before but I got it taken away because I kept going over my limit (1000 texts per month.) That is way too little for a teenager. I want unlimited but they say any way of texting (even 400 per month) is too expensive.





What are some ways I can convince them to let me get unlimited and good reasons for letting a teenage girl text.How can I convince my parents to let me text?
i dont know your parents and all parents are different but maybe if you offer to pay for it yourself they would feel better about it because you are learning how to manage money and work for the things that you want. (tell them that too!)





also explain to them that it is an easy way of communication and the one that is most used by teenagers today. also tell them that some unlimited family texting plans are really cheap and that you will teach them to text you so that it is easier for them to get a hold of you when you arnt answering your phone.





you could also explain to them some times when texting is useful


ex, movie theaters, when your in a place you cant make a call but you NEED to get a message across, if someone isnt answering their phone but you need to get in contact with them and they dont have a voice mail box, or it's full, or they never check it.





im sure you can think of some more =]





also if you keep track of who you are texting in your network, like people on verizon or t-mobile or whatever you have all the messages to people in the same network as you should be free! so mostly text people that have the same carrier as you.





good luck! im sure they will come around eventually.How can I convince my parents to let me text?
...400 is only five bucks..if that's too expensive ask why.





Anyway.





Start small, and just learn to limit yourself. Once you hit 300 just stop and only text for emergency stuff..





And bye emergency I mean like **** I forgot what the math problems are or you don't get something, and you don't feel like calling, or you need to ask multiple people.





I mean honestly, the world won't blow up if you don't find the latest bits of gossip during that time or if that cute guy won't have sexy texts to you. I mean calling is better for that, and for gossip, it's juicer at school. Always.





And there's always iming...and facebook too.
Pay for it yourself with allowance or birthday money.

No comments:

Post a Comment